Creating artistic stained glass is a fascinating process:
- The client’s tastes and ideas play a crucial role at the beginning of the design process.
The first step in producing an artistic glass window is the sketch: it must enable the client to visualise the final piece.
A selection of different sketches and colour solutions are produced that will allow the client find the one he/she likes most.
- The subject and artistic effects chosen by the client determine the techniques and materials used, and thus form an integral part of the project.
The stained glass window can be a glass mosaic composed entirely or partially of specially painted and fired glass pieces.
The sketch is turned into a life-sized preparatory drawing made up of lines that will be used to created templates.
- Preparatory drawings
- The templates are used when cutting the glass shapes. Each piece will have its own colour and if necessary be painted.
- The glass mosaic is then assembled on a work surface inside the lead came. The lead came is then soldered and grouted to hold the pieces together firmly.
- The final stained glass design can if required be fitted into a metal frame or placed between protective glass walls.
- Delivery and assembly by our skilled workers completes the work.